Pet vaccines help protect our favorite companions against contracting potentially deadly diseases. They also prepare their immune systems to fight off future infections. Millions of pet lives have been spared thanks to widespread use of vaccines. They’ve contributed to making what were once common diseases among pets increasingly rare.
Providing Care and Education
MuraBella Animal Hospital proudly administers pet vaccines to St. Augustine-area pets. We provide their owners with a thorough education on the purpose of each vaccine. We don’t proceed until we’re sure you’re comfortable and understand the effects and what protections their pets gain from each injection.
No one wants to lose their pet before their time or cause them to live in needless suffering. We make sure to provide only the necessary vaccines that offer needed protection without overwhelming your pet’s system.
Core Canine Vaccines
Our hospital administers the following core vaccines to dogs.
- Rabies — Protects your dog in case some other animal with the disease bites them. Rabies is 100% fatal to animals.
- Bordetella — Protects dogs frequently exposed to other animals from developing Bordetella bronchiseptica, an inflammation of a dog’s upper respiratory system. It can lead to bronchopneumonia in puppies and cause bronchitis in older dogs with immune system disorders.
- Distemper — Protects dogs against the airborne disease which can lead to brain damage.
- Parvovirus — Protects dogs against the parvo virus, which causes bloody diarrhea and severe vomiting. It can be fatal if left untreated.
- Leptospirosis — Protects dogs against Leptospirosis, which can be contracted by coming into contact with the urine of other infected animals.
Core Feline Vaccines
We also provide the following core vaccines for cats, including rabies.
- Feline Leukemia — Protects cats against this fatal feline disease, which is the second-biggest cause of death in cats next to trauma from accidents.
- FVRCP — Protects cats against three airborne diseases which could be potentially fatal to your cat: rhinotracheitis, calicivirus, and panleukopenia.
Other Available Vaccines
MuraBella Animal Hospital also makes the following animal vaccines available to owners interested in obtaining them for their pets.
- Lyme — Protects pets against contracting Lyme disease from tick bites.
- Canine Influenza —Also known as dog flu, getting the vaccine protects pets from contracting this potentially deadly virus.
Protect Your Pet Today
Schedule an appointment with MuraBella Animal Hospital today by calling 904-940-9401 or by filling out our online form.