We are proud to support the following schools and assist in growing the educational capacity and capability of our local students. We also support the St. Augustine Aquarium in their efforts to educate their guests on conservation and protecting our marine ecosystems.
St. Augustine Aquarium
Pacetti Bay Middle School
Picolata Crossing Elementary School
Wards Creek Elementary School
Nease High School
Villages Baseball Association
Fighting Turtles Swim Team
Tocoi Creek High School
Mill Creek Academy
Veterinary Student Externship Program
MuraBella and Shores Animal Hospitals would like to welcome students for a hands-on learning experience and to gather hours for licensing. Located in historic St. Augustine, FL we are just minutes from the beach or downtown. Enjoy the small-town feel with great music, shopping, and nightlife.
- Small animal private practice
- Two to three weeks in duration
- Students are welcomed all year round
- Fast-paced working environment with digital record keeping
- Work directly with clients and patients
- Gain surgical experience
- Discuss causes and treatment options
- Wide range of doctor experience and knowledge from newer graduates to senior clinicians
- AAHA accredited and Certified Cat Friendly (gold level)
- Digital radiographs, ultrasound, laser therapy, thermal camera, cryotherapy, and bloodwork done in house
- Flexible hours
- Our newest location, Shores Animal Hospital, opened in April 2020
- Housing and transportation are not guaranteed
St. Augustine Highlights:
Find out more about our hospitals at www.murabellaanimalhospital.com and www.shoresanimalhospital.com. For additional information or questions please reach out to externship coordinator Dr. Drilingas at firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please submit a letter of intent or resume as well as possible dates to the externship coordinator and we will reach back out with any needed additional information or to schedule a phone call.
Student Volunteer Program
We welcome middle school and high school students, grades 6 through 12 to apply and volunteer in our practices! Many people dream of being a veterinarian but few know what happens in practice. Give your aspiring veterinarian a peek into the world of veterinary medicine, it’s not all puppies and kittens! Students will be allowed to observe and assist our team in caring for pets from our community including caring for wounds, observing surgeries, giving vaccines, drawing blood and more. A letter of recommendation from a non-parent or guardian, a letter from the student expressing their interest in a volunteer position and proof of health insurance are required for consideration. Please send your application package to MuraBella Animal Hospital at YourVet@MurabellaAnimalHospital.com or Shores Animal Hospital at YourVet@ShoresAnimalHospital.com.